Wednesday, September 12, 2012

BLOG #1


Hugo Avila
9/12/2012

Autobiography

My name is Hugo Avila; I was born in March, 19 1992, so that means I’m 20 years old now. I’m from the cost of Ecuador, a small city called Manta where people are used to believe in the well living. When I was a child I used to live with my grandparents whose I still remember them because of the concepts of living and the education that they gave me. I’m the middle of 3 brothers, and at the time of my childhood my father was living in another city, and my mother was living here in the United States.
I can say that I had a great time being a child because even though I didn’t have my parents with me, my grandparents provided me the best thoughts and education that they could. I was an excellent student on the school and the high school, being always around the highest and better students of the school. I always wanted and had the dream to become a doctor but things just didn’t work out and I changed my mind, so because of it I started to have some problems with my parents, and family because they didn’t give me the support that I needed to study another career. Then I moved with my brother in law to Quito which is the capitol of Ecuador where I had a great time, I started to work as a bank teller and study something like Criminal Justice to become a lawyer…
I loved to study this career but sometimes I felt overwhelmed and my mother who live here in the United States told me that I qualified to be residence of USA and she wanted me to come, so I began to don’t show up to classes and having parties with my friends of the college. I didn’t really want to come because my life was used to be great and I was afraid of leaving my country and the people like family and friends. After that I came here without knowing English, things were totally different. I didn’t have friends, or a job or a college to go because of my language. I was feeling stuck in this country but I began to read books in English and just try to give my best to learn this language. I’m 2 years now in this country and it’s still harder to live here with another language and a busy schedule because of the school and work. I don’t blame my parents for bringing me here to this country because I have learned to be a better person, responsibly, reasonably, respectful, etc… though it’s still difficult, I’m having a great time and giving my best. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Hugo, nice to meet you. Your autobiography post is very interesting and admirable. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete